Do you play with words sometimes? Like this: affect, effect, infect, inspect, inept, in depth, instep, steps, stop, unstop, stop up, stock up, talk up, mock up, make up, made up, played up, stayed up, upstage, enrage, engage. Twenty-one steps from affect to engage.
Recently Amy from Expectant and Beyond asked me to play in a game of tag. The question is: what are five ways that blogging has affected you? Technically I am supposed to tag some more people after I list my answers. Since I am “it” right now we will play this way: if you want to be it next then you can; just post your answers and let me know what you come up with.
- Friends near and far, old and new, have enriched and inspired me.
- The connection to my family has been like a salve for my heart.
- A platform for practicing writing and sharing my life has instilled confidence.
- Reading other people’s blogs enlightens, informs, humors, humbles and challenges me. (Those were five in and of themselves.)
- Commenting on other people’s blogs has been a fun way to find out that I like encouraging folks.
You can use the comment section to play with a word if you want to. Take it three steps, or ten, or more if you fancy. It would be fun to see what you came up with starting with one of these: pocket, loosen, foot-long, transmit, equivocate, conscience, or ocean.