Now on with the crunchy, munchy mixed-up life I lead…
- Tomorrow is King’s Day (El Dia de los Reyes) here in Bolivia. We remember the visit of the Magi with exchanges of gifts. January 6th officially marks the end of the holiday season and the start of the festivities surrounding Lent.
- Carnaval is a three day celebration (still many weeks away) that is much like Mardi Gras. Leading up to this boisterous finale there are parties and traditions. One of those traditions is the throwing of water balloons in the streets at everyone. This has begun. Looking both ways before you cross takes on a whole new meaning at this time of the year.
- In a matter of weeks I will be the mother of an 11 year old. Where does the time go?
- In a matter of fewer weeks I will be the mother of three children that actually leave the house to go to school.
- I wish it was in a matter of weeks that I would be the mother of a new daughter. We are getting more documents in order; things are not at a stand still in the adoption. We are still moving forward.
- I am happy to announce that I am co-authoring a blog dedicated to the updates of The House of Dreams Orphanage that we founded over two years ago. You can visit, read, comment and subscribe here: http://houseofdreamsorphanage.wordpress.com/
- My husband walked me through how to get videos off the camera, edit them, add words and music, and how to save them so that they can be posted. Now all I need to do is practice.
- And we shall end with a silly shot my dear husband grabbed unbeknown to yours truly.