Waiting in a climate controlled lawyers office downtown where I can sit comfortably and read in silence is preferred over the alternative. I am making yet another trip down to Doctor Herbas on Jordan street. This is what he needs at this stage:
- Our police reports
- Photocopies of our police reports
- Photocopies of our passports
- Photocopies of our rent contract
- Photocopies of our last paid light and water receipt
- Photocopies of our missionary certificate
I drop those things off in an hour. After all those are filed in the right offices we will then be making a trip down to INTERPOL to get our international criminal report. We have done this before for other legal processes. I will bite my tongue and not comment on the appearance nor the proficiency of that office. I will just say it is not like in the movies.