My heart skipped a beat when I saw the caller i.d. on my cell. My hola was a bit too eager sounding and the lawyer on the other end chuckled slightly. She couldn’t contain herself either. I could tell she was smiling as she told me, “Your approval to begin the adoption arrived today from the judge’s office.” What a relief!
So this morning I take this official order from the judge down to social services. Evidently the woman I am looking for is named Cecilia. They will read it and in that very moment assign a team of social workers to investigate us. The order from the judge clearly states that they have thirty days to realize a medical study, a psychological study and a social report of DaRonn and me.
Their office is overloaded. We know this from having to work closely with them for the House of Dreams. We are just going to have to stay on top of them to make the appointments that they will schedule. Especially since DaRonn will be gone traveling a couple times during the month of June.
So now I would ask that you pray regarding the proceedings this month.
- Pray for our social workers, that they would be handpicked by God
- Pray that we would have favor with every person we meet in the social services department
- Pray that our medical exam is clean
- Pray that our psychological study is positive
- Pray that the social investigation is favorable
- Pray that everything is done in a timely manner
- Pray that our social workers would be punctual
- Pray that our social workers would follow through on what they say they are going to do
- Pray that we would be wise as serpents and gentle as doves
- Pray that the studies would be turned in on time
- Pray that none of our paperwork gets lost
- Pray that this month I wouldn’t stress out
- Pray that when the findings are presented to the judge that favor shines on our faces
- Pray for expediency for them
- Pray for patience for me
- Thank God that this approval arrived
- Thank God for a good lawyer
- Thank God for this opportunity we have to adopt
- Thank God for the judge that is presiding over our case
- Thank God for the social workers that are doing the best they can
- Thank God that our children are so excited to get a new sister
- Thank God for His love for us that while we were yet sinners Christ showed His love for us giving us an example of love before first sight
- Thank God that we have been adopted into His family, accepted and loved
- Thank God that this is really happening!
Just to give you an idea of where we are at in the process when social services presents their reports to the judge we are at another crucial point. The judge then assigns us a child. After the child is designated we can get a court order to start visiting her for the two months before we take her home. There are three court appearances in those two months. The third one is to finalize the adoption. That is when we will be able to take her home.
Thank you for all your encouragement and prayers. You are a vital part of this whole process.