Most of the time we are trying to conquer the dirt and filth in the house with long hours of cleaning and scrubbing. My tip for you today is: keep dirt in the house.
I am talking about planting soil. Providing the materials for the people in your house to garden is a healthy practice. Here you will find a simple list of things to use for gardening or potting. Also, I have included the reasons why I think getting dirt under the fingernails is a good idea.
Stuff to keep on hand:
- Planting soil
- Small pots with holes in the bottom and plates
- Old spoons or small shovels
- Seeds (can be purchased or taken from the foods around the house)
Why get dirt under the fingernails:
- Helps you be more aware of the environment
- Helps you appreciate the food you eat
- Helps you understand many biblical principals
- Connects you to a long term project thus developing commitment
- It is very rewarding to care for something
- Cultivates faith to see the miracle of growth right before your eyes
- “God made dirt and dirt don’t hurt.”