Now, on with the crunchy, munchy, mixed-up life I lead…
- Raimy staggered out of her room after I pried her from sleep. With puffy eyes cracked open resisting the sunlight she said, “This has been a long week.”
- Timothy’s waking up routine looked strikingly similar to his sister’s this wonderful Monday.
- Mama made an executive decision: the children shall play hooky. Yes! If you can’t get away with it when you are a kid, when can you?
- We will bid papa farewell this morning as he is off to Mexico for a week and a day.
- Then we will go to the park and eat ice-cream.
- For my rule enforcer I proclaimed that there was one rule: no worrying, only fun for today.
- We really did have a full week, last week. Thus the Trail Mix so that you can munch along with me as I attempt to process all that is going on.
- Timothy turned 10 on the 11th. So we celebrated that day.
- Then he had a sleep over this Saturday that just passed.
- The night before his sleepover the girls were invited to spend the night at a friend’s house.
- This week my baby became a big boy. He is potty trained! Yes!
- The potty training is one of three proactive measures I have set in place as budget cuts in the home.
- Second, I have been preparing hot breakfasts in the AMs. We used to do cereal and milk, which comprised a huge chunk o’ change in our grocery bill.
- Third, we are giving scraps to our dog instead of allowing our help to take them home to their dogs. Dog food isn’t that pricey, but every little bit helps, right?
- 3/8 of ministry is try. (I just made that up right this moment. ha!) Anyway, ministry has been very trying these last few weeks.
- Creative projects on the horizon that excite me: writing a novel in November, the message for Sunday morning, three paintings commissioned that someone will actually be purchasing with money (that is always fun) and photographs from a Mt. climbing expedition that I am organizing (anyone wanna come?).
- On with the fun. Gonna go out with my kids. Good stuff.