Please take a moment to look at these statistics regarding violence against women in Latin America. The data on Bolivia saddens me deeply.
(Click on the graphic for a clearer view.)
Explore more visuals like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.
Efforts we specifically contribute to in order to change the realities that Bolivian women face are:
1. The way we are raising our own children with an awareness of human rights, though they live in this culture
2. The way we are raising the children (boys and girls alike) at The House of Dreams Orphanage with an awareness of human rights, helping them change their expectations even though their backgrounds attest to this struggle
3. Providing equal opportunity employment in our office, the K-12 school we founded, and at the bowling alley we own thereby breaking the stigma against women and giving other employers an example of the positive outcome of empowering women
4. Educating boys and girls at the K-12 school with morals which defend human rights
5. Giving women equality in leadership roles at our church thereby diminishing the message of a lesser role in society communicated throughout history in the name of religion
Get involved in being part of the solution. Start by informing yourself of the realities. Then consider how you can help lower these dire statistics. Pray for us as we live amongst those who desperately need hope, that we can bring the hope and salvation of Jesus Christ even in the darkest situations.
Pray for me, specifically, if you would, as this topic keeps coming up in my heart. I have some ideas of ways I want to contribute to the current plight of women in this nation, but I desire clarity of timing and direction.